Thursday, January 04, 2007
1. I started with an unused vintage bottle cap, removed the cork.
2. With a hammer I worked my way around slightly bending each side, forming almost a square.
3. Once each side was bent a bit, I then laid the cap onto some steel and pounded very hard until they became flat.
4. I then painted each one with black paint. When almost dry, I wiped some of the paint off.
5. I then hand painted a little rose on each. Let it dry and then poured tea colored walnut ink on charm, and hit it with my heat gun to give it an antique look.
6. Sealed them with a hard glaze.
7. Drilled holes and attached jump ring and strung some sterling silver beads dangling from the bottom.
Posted by Ruth Rae at 10:55 PM