Thursday, January 04, 2007
Here is how I made these charms.
1. go to the bank and ask for new pennies
2. ask my husband to drill small holes at the top and bottom (while enduring the lecture that it is illegal to deface US money)
3. collect (or buy) gold and silver jump rings in different sizes
4. buy metallic “e” size beads (or any glass bead that will fit onto the jump ring)
5. open up jump ring and add a bead. Slide this jump ring through the top hole in the penny and close the ring. This will be the starter ring for the top.
6. make another one for the bottom. This will be the starter ring for the bottom.
7. Continue to make additional jump rings and beads. Add them to the top and bottom until you feel like you have enough.
8. Add one heavy duty jump ring to the top where the charm will attach to the bracelet.
Posted by Ruth Rae at 5:49 PM