Thursday, January 04, 2007
I have never been a jewelry-maker, thus this was the 1st time that I have ever created something along these lines. I went to my local bead store and found some 2-sided sterling silver faces and some brass "tags" that resembled a body. Thus, the idea of an angel was born! I was able to find some sterling silver beads that looked like wings, and some small round disks to act as a halo.
After adding patina to the brass tags, I decided that it needed just a little something more to add interest. Out came the dapping block, and I was able to add 3 small "bumps" to the base of the tag. Since the faces were two-sided, I wanted to add a little more finishing to the back of the charm, so I added some small rhinestones into the indentations that were made by the dapping block. Overall, I am quite pleased with the finished result. I just hope that they hold together!!
Posted by Ruth Rae at 8:16 AM